إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ رَبِّى وَرَبُّكُمْ فَٱعْبُدُوهُ ۗ هَـٰذَا صِرَٰطٌۭ مُّسْتَقِيمٌۭ
Surely Allah is my Lord and your Lord. So worship Him ˹alone˺. This is the Straight Path.’”
Surat al-Imran, v.51, Qur’an
Hijab: “Thriving in the path of Allah SWT”
Hijab Anthology: Call for Submissions!
Hijab: “Thriving in the path of Allah SWT”, is envisioned to be a collection of fiction and non-fiction creative pieces. Muslim women of all ages across Canada are invited to submit a written piece (fiction and non-fiction; poetry or prose) about “How I thrive in the Path of Allah(swt) with the hijab”. Pieces may explore personal experiences; the essence of the hijab; and how we strive to stay steadfast and project an uncompromised form of worship by wearing the hijab. The anthology aims to project a positive and meaningful celebratory narrative of the hijab through these submissions. The submission can be a reflection or experience in a short written format (poetry or vignettes). Written submissions will be selected by a panel of Muslimah authors and poets. Selected submissions have the opportunity to engage in an editing and mentorship process prior to publication. Length limits: 2000 words for prose; and 50 lines for poetry.
We will create an anthology of all accepted collected submissions for display and a formalized publication, in collaboration with some established writers and artists across Canada, inshaAllah.
*Please use the following form to submit your creative piece about hijab!
By clicking the ‘YES’ button, you agree to the following terms:
1. Submissions must abide by Islamic guidelines
2. Please follow length guidelines for specific categories as outlined
3. The final part of this form will ask for a link to the submission (video, image, document). Please ensure that the link has been shared openly so that it is accessible.
4. Participants agree that the THRIVE judges and committee shall have the right to publish, exhibit and publicize all entries.
5. The entry must fit the theme and be original. Applicants may not forge, plagiarize, or violate copyright laws in the creation of their artwork, otherwise, the entries will automatically be disqualified.
6. All participants are permitted to submit a maximum of three submissions.
7. A donation upon entry is encouraged. If you have purchased a ticket for the convention, you may skip this step.